By Damali Mukhaye.
Joanita Nakalembe a student at Makerere who passed away on Wednesday was laid to rest at Ssala village, Lwabenge Sub-county in Kalungu District Thursday evening.
Details emerged indicating that there was foul play which led to her death. Nakalembe, a first year student in the school of education collapsed during an examination on Tuesday and later died at Kiruddu hospital where she had been rushed for treatment.
According to Daphne Baguma, a relative of the deceased, the postmortem report they acquired from Mulago referral hospital has confirmed that Nakalembe died of poisoning.
Meanwhile, the head of security at Makerere University Jackson Muchunguzi said they are to start investigating the matter. The student was a non-resident.
In another related story……
Another Makerere university student collapsed in an examination room and was rushed to the university hospital.
The head of security at Makerere University Jackson Muchuguzi has identified the student as Joan Abeda, a second year student studying for a Bachelors Degree in Food Science and Technology.
According to Muchunguzi, the student collapsed while writing her end of semester examination in radio frequency and micro wave engineering.
He says she was rushed to the university hospital for further observation.
This comes two days after a student at the school of education collapsed in an exam room and died shortly after she was taken to Kiruddu hospital for treatment.