By Zadock Amanyisa
Following threats by machete-wielding men to strike the districts of Bushenyi, Mitooma, Mbarara, and Rukungiri through letters that were dropped in Bushenyi on Tuesday, security agencies have embarked on building the confidence of the local people.
The Bushenyi Resident District Commissioner, Jane Asiimwe Muhindo says the residents are now being empowered to take charge of their security.
She says security personnel in the district are carrying out community mobilization meetings sensitizing residents on how they can keep alert and avoid being targeted by the alleged assailants.
Asiimwe adds that the district security organs have also started a seven-day night patrol and already made some progress in crime prevention.
The operation that started on Tuesday has so far netted over 20 youth, some of whom were found armed with knives, taking marijuana in Rwentuuha town council.