By Malik Fahad
There is relief among Masaka authorities and residents after11 people (contacts) of the first Ebola victims tested negative.
The pronouncement has been made by Masaka city task force boss, Ronald Katende, while addressing a reporter on Thursday.
Katende says the results they have received of some of the key contacts of the first Ebola victim in the district turned out to be negative, which has given them hope that they can manage to control the spread of the virus in the region.
He says that they are fairly progressing in the contact tracing exercise adding that they have so far gotten 47 percent of the contacts they have been looking for, adding that they are optimistic they will get all the contacts soon.
Katende says that they are now moving to engaging communities through sensitization campaigns about the dangers of running into hidings after being in contact with an Ebola victim and how best they can protect selves from catching Ebola.
Peter Ayot, the Masaka district health educator says they received some Information education and Communication (IEC) materials which they have spread to different parts of the district to teach people the basics of how they can control the spread of the virus.
Masaka recently formed a joint task force which is taking a lead role in the fight against the virus.